Raspberry Fondue Dip Recipe
Field editor Edna Hoffman from Hebron, Indiana delights guests with this fun non-traditional fondue. Creamy apple butter and cinnamon red hots add tangy flair!
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon red-hot candies
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Assorted fresh fruit
- 1. Thaw and drain raspberries, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. Mash raspberries. Press through a fine-mesh strainer into a small saucepan; discard seeds.
- 2. Add apple butter and red-hots to strained raspberries; cook over medium heat until candies are dissolved, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth; stir into berry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. To serve warm, transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Or, to serve cold, refrigerate until chilled. Serve with fruit. Yield: about 1 cup.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC