Raspberry-Filled Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
Every bite of these golden muffins is packed with poppy seeds, lemon flavor and raspberry preserves. They taste great with a cup of coffee.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and buttermilk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pecans, lemon peel and poppy seeds.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with a rounded tablespoonful of batter. Drop 1/2 teaspoon of preserves in the center of each; top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4. Combine glaze ingredients. Poke holes in warm muffins; drizzle with glaze. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 244 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC