- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and buttermilk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pecans, lemon peel and poppy seeds.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with a rounded tablespoonful of batter. Drop 1/2 teaspoon of preserves in the center of each; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Combine glaze ingredients. Poke holes in warm muffins; drizzle with glaze. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry-Filled Poppy Seed Muffins
Sort By :
"Tasty, moist muffins! I shifted the dry ingredients to prevent lumps. I cut down the sugar to just 1 cup. I didnt have buttermilk on hand so I just used regular 2% milk. This recipe is not anything special but a great snack!"
"This is a fantastic recipe! I also used homemade raspberry jam, and the seeds didn't bother anyone. They're light and delicious!"
"These were a wonderful delight! I used my home made raspberry jam and since I did not have lemon peel I added mini lemon chips and did not glaze. Poppy seed, lemon flavor and raspberry can't go wrong! Made 18 good size muffins."