Every bite of these golden muffins is packed with poppy seeds, lemon flavor and raspberry preserves. They taste great with a cup of coffee.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and buttermilk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pecans, lemon peel and poppy seeds.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with a rounded tablespoonful of batter. Drop 1/2 teaspoon of preserves in the center of each; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Combine glaze ingredients. Poke holes in warm muffins; drizzle with glaze. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry-Filled Poppy Seed Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p48
Reviews for Raspberry-Filled Poppy Seed Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review