- pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for filling, heat 1 cup raspberries in microwave for 30
- seconds, then mash and measure 1/4 cup juice. Discard seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually add
- raspberry juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or
- until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and
- vanilla; cool.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and whipped topping. Fold in cooled
- raspberry mixture and remaining berries. Cut cake widthwise in half.
- Place one layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the filling.
- Top with remaining layer and filling. Garnish with additional
- berries if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 322 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.