These attractive bars have a rich buttery crust holding the sweet jam topping. They're a big favorite on my Christmas cookie trays.
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely ground pecans
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg yolks. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in the pecans.
- Spread half into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top
- with jam. Drop remaining dough by teaspoonfuls over jam.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool
- on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 131 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.