Raspberry Delight Recipe
When I was a young man, I taught in a one-room schoolhouse and lived in the bachelor's quarters. At lunchtime, I'd often trade my store-bought cookies for the students' homemade goodies. Of course, nothing tastes as good as homemade, and that inspired me to do more cooking for myself. Pretzels are the surprising "secret ingredient" in this tasty dessert.—Warren Knudtson, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2 cups fiinely crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, sugar, pecans and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over crust. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in frozen raspberries until gelatin is almost set. Spread over filling. Chill several hours or overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 312 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Delight
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC