Raspberry Custard Tart Recipe
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar for 2 minutes or until crumbly. Beat in flour and nuts. Coat a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of pan. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; gently stir in extract. Pour over crust. Refrigerate until set.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk fruit spread until smooth; spread over filling. Garnish with raspberries. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 210 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Raspberry Custard Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.