Raspberry Custard Tart Recipe
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar for 2 minutes or until crumbly. Beat in flour and nuts. Coat a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of pan. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; gently stir in extract. Pour over crust. Refrigerate until set.
- In a small bowl, whisk fruit spread until smooth; spread over filling. Garnish with raspberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Custard Tart
Sort By :
Light and delicious spring dessert! I didn't have a tart pan so I made mine in a shallow pie dish. Everyone loved the nutty crust and raspberry finish. I may decrease the almond extract next time but overall a very nice dessert especially when garnished with fresh raspberries.
Perfect dessert for after a family barbecue.
My husband,three daughters, and I loved it.
My crust did not cover the pan like I would have liked it to. My pudding was slightly rubbery, but everyone loved it otherwise. The taste was great.
Time consuming plus scant for family.
My husband absolutely loves raspberries. I've tried several different recipes, but no hurrahs! This one really is a keeper, really light and delicious.