Raspberry Custard Kuchen Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour and salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream; pat onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the sugar and remaining flour; sprinkle over crust.
- 2. Arrange raspberries over crust. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over berries.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 328 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.