Raspberries are such a sweet and flavorful berry that is perfect during the summer time. This recipe can also be made in the winter with frozen berries.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1-2/3 to 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg yolks
- Sieve raspberries through a strainer, pressing with the back of a
- spoon; reserve 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon juice. Discard seeds.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; add raspberry juice and
- butter. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. In a small bowl, beat
- egg yolks until well blended. Stir in half of the raspberry mixture.
- Return all to saucepan; bring to a gently boil. Cook and stir 2
- Place into small jars; place plastic wrap on surface of curd. Cover
- and chill. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Editor's Note: To be used with Chocolate Raspberry Torte.(recipe also in Recipe Finder)