Raspberry Curd Tartlets Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- RASPBERRY CURD:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- Red liquid food coloring, optional
- Whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in almonds. Press into 2-1/2-in. tartlet pans; trim edges. Place pans on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Remove from pans.
- 2. For raspberry curd, combine raspberries and lemon juice in a blender or food processor; cover and process until pureed. Press through a strainer to remove seeds.
- 3. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; add the raspberry puree, sugar and eggs. Cook and stir for 10-15 minutes or until mixture is smooth and thickened and reaches 160°. Remove from the heat. Add food coloring if desired. Press plastic wrap on surface of curd. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 4. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of curd into each tart shell; top with whipped cream, raspberries and mint. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving equals 188 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Curd Tartlets
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.