Raspberry Curd Tartlets Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- RASPBERRY CURD:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- Red liquid food coloring, optional
- Whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in almonds. Press into 2-1/2-in. tartlet pans; trim edges. Place pans on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Remove from pans.
- For raspberry curd, combine raspberries and lemon juice in a blender or food processor; cover and process until pureed. Press through a strainer to remove seeds.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; add the raspberry puree, sugar and eggs. Cook and stir for 10-15 minutes or until mixture is smooth and thickened and reaches 160°. Remove from the heat. Add food coloring if desired. Press plastic wrap on surface of curd. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of curd into each tart shell; top with whipped cream, raspberries and mint. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Curd Tartlets(1)
Sort By :
Made this for a co-worker and he, as well as everyone else, loved it. Next time I may try coating the tartlet with some chocolate before the curd to see how that tastes - but this recipe stands on its own!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >