This recipe is a hit with kids of all ages. When I'm in a hurry, store-bought cupcakes work fine. And while I prefer homemade whipped cream, purchased whipped topping is an easy option.—Edith Ruth Muldoon, Baldwin, New York
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cream-filled chocolate cupcakes, cut in half
- 1 to 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- Additional raspberries, optional
- Place one cupcake half each in four dessert dishes. In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Fold in raspberries. Spoon over cupcakes. Garnish with additional berries if desired. Chill until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Cupcake Dessert in Country Woman January/February 2000, p37
Reviews forRaspberry Cupcake Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2010
"Talk about easy! Made my own cupcakes, whipped real heavy cream,had fresh raspberries and 4 hungry grandchildren. Only added a sprinkle of shaved chocolate on top"