Raspberry Crunch Brownies Recipe
From Rita Winterberger of Huson, Montana comes this recipe for a moist, low-fat dessert with a rich, dark-chocolate flavor and nut-like crunch.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons Grape-Nuts, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat oil and sugar until blended. Beat in egg whites. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture just until moistened. Stir in vanilla. (Batter will be thick).
- 2. Spread batter into a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Spread with jam and sprinkle with Grape-Nuts if desired. Cool completely. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 brownie equals 101 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC