Raspberry Crunch Brownies
From Rita Winterberger of Huson, Montana comes this recipe for a moist, low-fat dessert with a rich, dark-chocolate flavor and nut-like crunch.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons Grape-Nuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat oil and sugar until blended. Beat in egg
- whites. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually
- add to sugar mixture just until moistened. Stir in vanilla. (Batter
- will be thick).
- Spread batter into a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
- the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Spread
- with jam and sprinkle with Grape-Nuts if desired. Cool completely.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 brownie equals 101 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 46 mg sodium,