Raspberry Crumble Coffee Cake Recipe
Don't be "intimidated" by the recipe directions for this coffee cake—it really isn't difficult to make. Try it sometime as a nice brunch item. Don't limit it to that, though...it's also a delicious dessert.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water or cranberry-raspberry juice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- COFFEE CAKE:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add berries and lemon juice. Set aside to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mace. Cut in butter to form fine crumbs. Stir in the eggs, milk and vanilla until blended. Divide in half.
- 3. Spread half of the batter in two greased 8-in. round baking pans. Divide filling and spread evenly over each. Drop remaining batter by small spoonfuls and spread evenly over filling.
- 4. For topping, cut butter into flour and sugar; stir in nuts. Sprinkle over tops. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until lightly brown. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 299 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Crumble Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC