- water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir
- for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add berries and lemon juice. Set
- aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt,
- cinnamon and mace. Cut in butter to form fine crumbs. Stir in the
- eggs, milk and vanilla until blended. Divide in half.
- Spread half of the batter in two greased 8-in. round baking pans.
- Divide filling and spread evenly over each. Drop remaining batter by
- small spoonfuls and spread evenly over filling.
- For topping, cut butter into flour and sugar; stir in nuts. Sprinkle
- over tops. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until lightly
- brown. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 299 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.