- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water or cranberry-raspberry juice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- COFFEE CAKE:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add berries and lemon juice. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mace. Cut in butter to form fine crumbs. Stir in the eggs, milk and vanilla until blended. Divide in half.
- Spread half of the batter in two greased 8-in. round baking pans. Divide filling and spread evenly over each. Drop remaining batter by small spoonfuls and spread evenly over filling.
- For topping, cut butter into flour and sugar; stir in nuts. Sprinkle over tops. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until lightly brown. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Crumble Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"I am a volunteer TOH field editor and really enjoy this recipe! It definitely feels like a special coffeecake, yet it is not hard to make. Very pretty too!"
"This recipie definitely lived up to it's reputation! I had never used mace before and the cake simply melted in your mouth. It tasted even better the second day. I made it as a summer birthday cake and received numerous compliments. Thank you for posting this recipie!!"
"This is my favorite recipe for coffee cake. It is delicious and perfect for a brunch or special breakfast, or even dessert."
"I made this for a crowd for a weekend brunch, and received rave reviews. Everyone from my teenage niece to my aunt loved it, and nobody could believe that it was a healthy recipe."