- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, sugar substitute and
- cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Add raspberries. Bring to a
- boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight batter ingredients. Cut in
- butter and reduced-fat butter until crumbly. Combine the eggs, milk
- and vanilla; stir into crumb mixture (batter will be thick).
- Spread half of the batter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated
- with cooking spray. Spread evenly with raspberry filling. Drop
- remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over filling.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar substitute in a small bowl; cut
- in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on
- a wire rack. Yield: 20 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Splenda No Calorie Sweetener and Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 195 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.