- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and baking soda; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in egg. Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch; stir in water until smooth. Add raspberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Spread raspberry mixture over crust; top with reserved topping. Bake 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm bars. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Crumb Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p141
Reviews for Raspberry Crumb Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review