I HAVE a passion for trying new recipes, the kind that bring joy to my eyes as well as my stomach!
I discovered this recipe over 40 years ago. It's a very refreshing summer dessert. If you need a great-looking, tasty treat to end a meal, this is it!
-Christl Bennett, Burlington, Kentucky
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in raspberries and
- ice cream until blended. Spoon into two dessert dishes. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 433 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.