Here's a dessert that's delicious, simple and inviting. You can vary the flavor by substituting strawberries or peaches (with preserves to match) for the raspberries. —Donna Huitema, Whitby, Ontario
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Chocolate curls and fresh mint
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, water and extract until blended. Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Cover and chill until mixture is partially set. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 2-qt. glass serving bowl. Top with half of the cream mixture. Carefully spread with jam. Sprinkle with 1 cup raspberries. Layer with remaining cake cubes, cream mixture and raspberries. Garnish with chocolate curls and mint. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Cream Trifle in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p4
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Cream Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review