- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Chocolate curls and fresh mint
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, water and extract until blended. Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Cover and chill until mixture is partially set. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 2-qt. glass serving bowl. Top with half of the cream mixture. Carefully spread with jam. Sprinkle with 1 cup raspberries. Layer with remaining cake cubes, cream mixture and raspberries. Garnish with chocolate curls and mint. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Cream Trifle
"This trifle has made me a star at all summertime gatherings! I've heard through the grapevine that women have been upset that their husbands send them after me to get the recipe! Hands down the freshest, most delicious dessert dish! I usually cheat and use a tub of Cool-Whip. I have also used blueberries from the garden. Delicious any which way!"
"I make it for our church fellowship dinners everyone loves it there is never any left over."
"this is the best Trifle I have ever tasted."
"I took this to a girls night and it was an instant hit. A decadent dessert worthy of sharing."
"Do you sweeten the whipped cream while whipping?"