Raspberry Cream Trifle
Here's a dessert that's delicious, simple and inviting. You can vary the flavor by substituting strawberries or peaches (with preserves to match) for the raspberries. —Donna Huitema, Whitby, Ontario
14-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Chocolate curls and fresh mint
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, water and extract until blended. Add
- pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until
- soft-set. Cover and chill until mixture is partially set. Fold in
- the whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 2-qt. glass serving bowl. Top with
- half of the cream mixture. Carefully spread with jam. Sprinkle with
- 1 cup raspberries. Layer with remaining cake cubes, cream mixture
- and raspberries. Garnish with chocolate curls and mint. Yield: 14-16
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.