Raspberry Cream Torte
"I've always tried to eat low-fat foods, including desserts like this one," says Amy Freitag of Stanford, Illinois. "It's truly deliciousbut there's not too much guilt with the indulgence!"
14 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an
- ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack;
- cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the whipped topping, yogurt and
- confectioners' sugar until blended. Run a knife around side of cake
- and remove from pan.
- Split cake into thirds horizontally. Place bottom layer on a serving
- plate; spread with 1 cup yogurt mixture. Repeat layers. Top with
- remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining
- topping mixture. Garnish with raspberries. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (prepared with reduced-fat whipped topping) equals 206 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit.