Raspberry Cream Tarts Recipe
Dana Dziedzic of Daggett, Michigan tops a shortbread cookie shell with almond filling and fresh berries to create an appealing dessert that's fit for a special meal.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold 2% milk, divided
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- In a small wide-bottom bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1 tablespoon milk; let stand for 2 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, flour and salt. Gradually whisk in remaining milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot liquid into gelatin mixture. Stir until gelatin is dissolved; return to pan. Gently stir in extract. Cover and cool to room temperature without stirring, about 30 minutes.
- For crust, in a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; blend in butter with a wooden spoon until smooth. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two 4-in. tart pans with removable bottoms coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into filling mixture. Spoon into tart shells. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Top with raspberries. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Cream Tarts in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Cream Tarts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Crust Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes with Butter >