- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup finely chopped vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small bowl, toss raspberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cream, just until moistened. Stir in chips and reserved raspberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Cream Muffins
"Moist, tasty, and well-received when I brought them for breakfast with a group of women. I also used heavy whipping cream instead of half-and-half since that was what I had on hand. As also noted by HOGWriter, some of the muffins split when I was releasing them from the pan - although I experienced this both with & without the paper muffin liners, especially for muffins that "overflowed" either berries or the sugar streusel topping."
"Grood recipe. I added 1tsp almond extract and 1/2 cup toasted & chopped almonds. I also added 1/4 cup of the almonds with the brown sugar for a crunchier strussel. My berries were whole, frozen so I added 1this flour along with the sugar. Really great muffins that withstand changes."
"Wowie Wowie Wowie! Are these ever delicious muffins! I followed recipe exactly except I sprinkled Sugar in the Raw on top instead of brown sugar. I used my Ninja to chop up the white chips very fine. Excellent muffins!!!! Thanks for the delicious recipe and I am making these again real soon. Love!"
"These are so moist and taste wonderful. I will definitely make these again."
"This recipe is fabulous!I used up my half n half and didnt quite have enough so I made up the difference with heavy whipping cream and then I didnt have raspberries so I finely chopped cranberries and WOW, they are so.... Good!"