Raspberry Cream Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup finely chopped vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small bowl, toss raspberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cream, just until moistened. Stir in chips and reserved raspberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Cream Muffins
Sort By :
Wowie Wowie Wowie! Are these ever delicious muffins! I followed recipe exactly except I sprinkled Sugar in the Raw on top instead of brown sugar. I used my Ninja to chop up the white chips very fine. Excellent muffins!!!! Thanks for the delicious recipe and I am making these again real soon. Love!
These are so moist and taste wonderful. I will definitely make these again.
This recipe is fabulous!
I used up my half n half and didnt quite have enough so I made up the difference with heavy whipping cream and then I didnt have raspberries so I finely chopped cranberries and WOW, they are so.... Good!
Recommend using paper cups. Berries are delicate and large ones especially, fracture the integrity of muffins when trying to release from pan. We loved them even with cracks, and will definately make again. The almond extract is a plus - it really ties the flavors together well.
Using 1% milk in place of the cream and a little less sugar, these were still great. I skipped the extra sugar on top and added some chopped pecans. My dad joined us for breakfast this morning and said they were the best muffins he'd ever had.