Raspberry Cream Muffins Recipe
"It took me a couple of batches to perfect these muffins," writes Stephanie Moon, of Boise, Idaho, "but my family thinks this version is the best! And since they always gobble them up fast, I have to agree." TIP: Gently stir the raspberries into the batter, so they don't break apart.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup finely chopped vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, toss raspberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cream, just until moistened. Stir in chips and reserved raspberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 299 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC