Raspberry Cream Gelatin
From Marguerite Shaeffer comes this pretty pink gelatin mold bursting with raspberry flavor. "If you like, garnish it with more berries and a dollop of light whipped topping," she urges from her Sewell, New Jersey kitchen.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (5 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk, chilled
- Drain raspberries, reserving syrup; set berries aside. In a bowl,
- dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the lemon juice and
- reserved raspberry syrup. Refrigerate until partially set. Add milk.
- Beat on high speed until thickened, about 4 minutes. Fold in
- reserved raspberries. Pour into a 2-qt. bowl. Refrigerate until set.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 72 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.