Raspberry Cream Dessert
This creamy and elegant dessert from Marie Guthmiller of Mobridge, South Dakota turns any meal for two into something special. It's rich and light, with a sweet raspberry sauce and a sprinkling of berries.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually
- fold in whipped cream. Pipe mixture into two dessert dishes or spoon
- into two 4-in. springform pans coated with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Drain raspberries, reserving juice; set berries aside. Add enough
- water to the juice to measure 3/4 cup. In a small saucepan, combine
- cornstarch and juice mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool
- Stir in reserved raspberries. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with cream dessert. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 859 calories, 62 g fat (39 g saturated fat), 206 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven