- soda; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk,
- beating well after each addition.
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper;
- grease the paper. Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake at 350°
- for 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in
- center. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack;
- carefully remove paper. Cool completely.
- For filling, puree raspberries in a food processor. Strain, reserving
- juice and discarding seeds. Place juice in a small saucepan.
- Sprinkle with gelatin; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over
- low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool to room
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold into raspberry mixture.
- Trim edges from cake. Cut into four 7-1/2-in. x 4-1/2-in. rectangles.
- Place one rectangle on a serving platter; spread with a third of the
- filling. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining rectangle.
- For ganache, place chocolate chips and cream in a small saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Cool until
- thickened, about 10 minutes. Spread over torte. Refrigerate for 2
- hours before serving.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 503 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.