Raspberry-Cream Chocolate Torte Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper. Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; carefully remove paper. Cool completely.
- 3. For filling, puree raspberries in a food processor. Strain, reserving juice and discarding seeds. Place juice in a small saucepan. Sprinkle with gelatin; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into raspberry mixture.
- 5. Trim edges from cake. Cut into four 7-1/2-in. x 4-1/2-in. rectangles. Place one rectangle on a serving platter; spread with a third of the filling. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining rectangle.
- 6. For ganache, place chocolate chips and cream in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Cool until thickened, about 10 minutes. Spread over torte. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 503 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.