Raspberry Cream Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in jam. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 3. In small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Remove 1/2 cup for garnish; cover and refrigerate.
- 4. Gently stir 3/4 cup whipped cream into raspberry mixture just until blended. Fold in the remaining whipped cream; spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with reserved whipped cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 530 calories, 37g fat (21g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Raspberry Cream Cheesecake
"Loved this recipe!!! Will be adding it to my favourites book... My only complaint for lack of a better word, would be to make the directions clearer for beginners. I'm an experienced baker myself, but I thought the crumb crust should be at the top of the ingredients list. That should be made or bought first before starting the cheesecake. I also think that a recipe for that should be included, otherwise this could be frustrating for the new baker. Here's a crumb crust that I like to use..Chocolate Crumb CrustPlease note that The ingredient amounts are for one 9-inch springform pan.Ingredients1 1/3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs1/3 cup sugar1/3 cup melted margarine or 1/3 cup butter1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)Directions1. In a bowl combine all ingredients; mix well to combine.2. Press into a 9-inch pie plate or springform pan (I like the springform)3. Bake 350 degrees F for 8 minutes.4. Cool completely.5. Fill as desired. Enjoy!"
"Everyone loved this pie! It was quite the taste experience with the contrast between the three flavors (chocolate, cheesecake, and raspberry). I will definitely make this again."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.