Raspberry Cream Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in jam. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 3. In small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Remove 1/2 cup for garnish; cover and refrigerate.
- 4. Gently stir 3/4 cup whipped cream into raspberry mixture just until blended. Fold in the remaining whipped cream; spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with reserved whipped cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 530 calories, 37g fat (21g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Raspberry Cream Cheesecake
"Loved this recipe!!! Will be adding it to my favourites book... My only complaint for lack of a better word, would be to make the directions clearer for beginners. I'm an experienced baker myself, but I thought the crumb crust should be at the top of the ingredients list. That should be made or bought first before starting the cheesecake. I also think that a recipe for that should be included, otherwise this could be frustrating for the new baker. Here's a crumb crust that I like to use..Chocolate Crumb CrustPlease note that The ingredient amounts are for one 9-inch springform pan.Ingredients1 1/3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs1/3 cup sugar1/3 cup melted margarine or 1/3 cup butter1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)Directions1. In a bowl combine all ingredients; mix well to combine.2. Press into a 9-inch pie plate or springform pan (I like the springform)3. Bake 350 degrees F for 8 minutes.4. Cool completely.5. Fill as desired. Enjoy!"
"Everyone loved this pie! It was quite the taste experience with the contrast between the three flavors (chocolate, cheesecake, and raspberry). I will definitely make this again."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.