Vickie Fletcher, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania shared this fruity strata recipe.
- 4 slices bread, cut into 1-inch cubes, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- RASPBERRY SYRUP:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Place half of the bread cubes in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cream cheese and raspberries. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, syrup, milk and remaining bread cubes; spoon over raspberries. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until set.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until syrup reaches desired consistency. Add berries; mash slightly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter. Pour over strata. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Cream Cheese Strata in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p27
Reviews for Raspberry Cream Cheese Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 3, 2010
"Raspberry cream cheese strata is a recipe my family simply loves. It's so easy to make and tastes so good, we make it whenever we have all the ingredients. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box."
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2010