- longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and
- egg yolk until smooth; set aside.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each piece into a 12x10-in. rectangle;
- place on greased baking sheets. Spread cheese mixture down the
- center of each rectangle. Stir jam; spoon over cheese mixture.
- On each long side, cut 3/4-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2 in. into
- center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle
- across filling; pinch ends to seal. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 15-19 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks. Store leftovers in refrigerator. Yield: 2 loaves
- (8 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 262 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.