- 3-3/4 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, salt and baking powder. In a small saucepan, heat buttermilk, sour cream, butter and water to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add egg, extract and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and egg yolk until smooth; set aside.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each piece into a 12x10-in. rectangle; place on greased baking sheets. Spread cheese mixture down the center of each rectangle. Stir jam; spoon over cheese mixture.
- On each long side, cut 3/4-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; pinch ends to seal. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 15-19 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Store leftovers in refrigerator. Yield: 2 loaves (8 slices each).
Originally published as Raspberry-Cream Cheese Ladder Loaves in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p215
Reviews for Raspberry-Cream Cheese Ladder Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review