Raspberry Cream Cheese Bars Recipe
In Madison, Wisconsin, Lisa Corroo makes the most of an effortless oat mixture to form the crunchy crust and crumbly topping for these sweet bars. You can choose any flavor of preserves to suit your family's tastes.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (18 ounces) red raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup chopped slivered almonds
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Press three-fourths of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until set and edges just begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Spread over crust. Drop preserves by spoonfuls over cream cheese mixture; carefully spread evenly. Combine almonds and remaining oat mixture; sprinkle over preserves.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown. Cool before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Cream Cheese Bars in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Cream Cheese Bars(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Raspberry Bars >
- Raspberry Cheesecake Recipes >
- Raspberry Cheesecakes >