Raspberry Cream Cheese Bars Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (18 ounces) red raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1. In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Press three-fourths of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until set and edges just begin to brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Spread over crust. Drop preserves by spoonfuls over cream cheese mixture; carefully spread evenly. Combine almonds and remaining oat mixture; sprinkle over preserves.
- 3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown. Cool before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 211 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Cream Cheese Bars
"These were delicious, however, mine came out very soft. Maybe I should have cooked them a little longer. Would be interested in finding out if they should be firmer like cheesecake or if they're supposed to be soft."
"Great and tasty. I used two 8oz pkgs of cream cheese because I wanted a thicker filling and I used frozen raspberries that I had added a bit of sugar to (just drain most of the juice before putting on as the topping). I added shredded coconut and walnut crumbs to the crust and for us it took it to the next level. Yum!"
"These were very good. I used strawberry preserves."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.