Raspberry Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and baking soda. Add the water, egg whites and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into two 9-in. round baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix and vanilla in a bowl for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 4. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with pudding mixture; sprinkle with 3/4 cup raspberries. Top with remaining cake layer. Combine ice cream topping and corn syrup; beat until smooth. Spread over top of cake, letting glaze drip over sides. Arrange remaining berries on top. Yield: 14 slices.
1 slice: 215 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Raspberry Cream Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.