Looking for a delicious recipe for two? Look no further!—Susan Stull, Chillicothe, Missouri
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup half-and-half cream, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Whipped cream and additional raspberries, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and apple juice to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Press through a sieve; return to the pan. Press the raspberries through the sieve; discard skins and seeds. Add to cranberry mixture; bring to a boil. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon; remove from the heat.
- Cool for 4 minutes. Stir 1/2 cup soup into 3/4 cup cream. Return all to pan; bring to a gentle boil. Mix cornstarch with remaining cream until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve hot or chilled. Serve with whipped cream and additional raspberries if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry-Cranberry Soup for Two in Cooking for 2 Newsletter 2009, p11/09
Reviews for Raspberry-Cranberry Soup for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2010
"It took a little work but it was so good."