Raspberry Cranberry Relish Recipe
The idea of cooking cranberries in honey came from a friend. I played with the recipe, and this is my family’s favorite version.—Anita Doughty, West Des Moines, Iowa
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup cherry-flavored dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from heat; gently stir in raspberries. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold, at least 2 hours. Yield: 5 cups.
1/2 cup equals 125 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC