Raspberry Corn Muffins
"I don't recall where I got this recipe, but these golden muffins have been a hit whenever I made them for brunch or give them as gifts," says Jane Bray of Temple Terrace, Florida. "They're moist, yummy and good for you, too."
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder,
- baking soda and salt. In another large bowl, combine the eggs,
- yogurt and butter until smooth. Stir in dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Fold in raspberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full. Bake
- at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve
- warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One muffin equals 164 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,