Raspberry Corn Bread Muffins Recipe
These are my son's favorites. He calls them "surprise muffins" because I pipe raspberry preserves into their centers. He likes them so much that sometimes I bake them in jumbo muffin tins, adding more preserves than I do for the regular size. -Sue Santulli, Sea Girt, New Jersey
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and butter; add to dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until blended.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Using the end of a 3/8-in.-wide wooden spoon handle, make a hole in the center of each muffin. Place preserves in a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Fill the hole in each muffin with preserves. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 209 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC