- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and butter; add to dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Using the end of a 3/8-in.-wide wooden spoon handle, make a hole in the center of each muffin. Place preserves in a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Fill the hole in each muffin with preserves. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Corn Bread Muffins in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p29
Reviews for Raspberry Corn Bread Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2010
"I'm not a big cornmeal person but these muffins are to die for. I used strawberry jam instead of the raspberry preserves since that was what I had on hand. NOT for someone who is calorie conscious, they are very buttery."