Raspberry Congealed Salad Recipe
My sisters and I especially enjoyed Mom's cool tangy side dish, which looks so lovely on the table. The pineapple and raspberries are a delectable duo, and pecans add a hearty crunch. -Nancy Duty, Jacksonville, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Mayonnaise, optional
- 1. Drain pineapple and raspberries, reserving juices. Place fruit in a large bowl; set aside. Add enough water to the juice to measure 1 cup. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- 2. Pour over fruit mixture. Add the applesauce and pecans. Pour into a 1-qt. bowl. Chill until set. Spoon into individual dessert dishes; top with a dollop of mayonnaise if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC