Raspberry Congealed Salad
My sisters and I especially enjoyed Mom's cool tangy side dish, which looks so lovely on the table. The pineapple and raspberries are a delectable duo, and pecans add a hearty crunch.
-Nancy Duty, Jacksonville, Florida
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Mayonnaise, optional
- Drain pineapple and raspberries, reserving juices. Place fruit in a
- large bowl; set aside. Add enough water to the juice to measure 1
- cup. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat;
- stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour over fruit mixture. Add the applesauce and pecans. Pour into a
- 1-qt. bowl. Chill until set. Spoon into individual dessert dishes;
- top with a dollop of mayonnaise if desired. Yield: 6 servings.