- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Mayonnaise, optional
- Drain pineapple and raspberries, reserving juices. Place fruit in a large bowl; set aside. Add enough water to the juice to measure 1 cup. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour over fruit mixture. Add the applesauce and pecans. Pour into a 1-qt. bowl. Chill until set. Spoon into individual dessert dishes; top with a dollop of mayonnaise if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Congealed Salad
"I;ve had this recipe in my files for quite some time and just tried it recently. It's a good use of the frozen raspberries I had from my garden last summer. I used sugar free gelatin and the results were very nice."
"This was simple and refreshing with just enough sweetness. Perfect for a summer side dish or dessert."
"This was very good. I used 2 cups still frozen mixed berries (from a one lb. package). I drained the pineapple, added water to make 1 cup and proceeded as recipe states. I then stirred in the applesauce and frozen berries. (omitted the nuts). Also added about 1/4 cup granular splenda because I used sugar free gelatin. Didnt' take long to set using the frozen berries. My kids love it!"