This fresh and fruity coffee cake looks elegant but it is so simple to make. I like to serve it to guests for special breakfasts and brunches. Because someone always asks me for the recipe, I usually write it out ahead of time!
Featured In: 12 Ways to Say "Happy Valentine's Day" with Food
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread or sweet bread dough, thawed
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with raspberries. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter and vanilla until crumbly. Sprinkle over berries.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over coffee cake. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Coffee Cake in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p67
Reviews for Raspberry Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review