- minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 20 times or until smooth. Place
- in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in
- a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar, vanilla and salt
- until smooth; set aside. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly
- floured surface; divide in half.
- Roll each piece into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread filling to
- within 1/2 in. of edges. Spoon jam lengthwise over half of the
- filling. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side with
- the jam. Pinch seams to seal; tuck ends under.
- Place loaves seam side down on a greased baking sheet. With a sharp
- knife, cut shallow slashes across the top of each. Cover and let
- rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm
- coffee cakes. Yield: 2 loaves (10 slices each).
Nutritional Facts:Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 212 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.