Raspberry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup of sugar and cornstarch. Add raspberries; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, eggs, oil and remaining sugar. Spread two-thirds of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with raspberry mixture. Spoon remaining batter over top.
- For topping, combine pudding mix and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Coffee Cake(2)
Sort By :
Overall I thought this was too dry. And the raspberry filling too sweet. I'd cut the sugar for sure. And the topping didn't look like the picture.
Shortcut:Use E.D. Smith (3times fruit/half the sugar) preserves instead of raspberry filling (Canadian).Or a good LOW sugar preserve.
Even better.Even faster. Great recipe for holiday guests breakfast treat with coffee.