Raspberry Coconut Cake
This seemed like a festive dessert to fix for the holidays, so I decided to try it out on my co-workers. They loved it!—Joanie Ward, Brownsburg, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in 2/3 cup
- coconut. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate and cream at 70% power for 1
- minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals,
- stirring until smooth.Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine jam and 1 cup coconut. Spread over one cake
- layer; top with second layer.
- In a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar;
- beat until smooth. gradually beat in white chocolate mixture. Spread
- over top and sides of cake. Toast remaining coconut; press over top
- and sides of cake.
- Yield: 12 servings.