Raspberry Coconut Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in 2/3 cup coconut. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. In a microwave, melt white chocolate and cream at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.Cool to room temperature.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine jam and 1 cup coconut. Spread over one cake layer; top with second layer.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth. gradually beat in white chocolate mixture. Spread over top and sides of cake. Toast remaining coconut; press over top and sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 610 calories, 36g fat (20g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Raspberry Coconut Cake
"I made this for my mother's birthday and everyone loved it. I used a Duncan Hines mix and did not have any problems with crumbling like someone else mentioned."
"This cake is delicious and easy to make. The only problem was cutting it. It literally crumbled when trying to slice it. I used a Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mix. Maybe it was b/c of adding the coconut to it, not sure. After the white chocolate/whipping cream cooled it was pretty funny so I set it in the fridge for 30+ minutes to firm it up a bit before adding to the icing mixture and it worked well. I will try this again using a different cake mix b/c it's worth another try!"
"Delicious and very simple. I agree with a previous poster, it reminded me of Zingers."
"We made this for the first time on Christmas day and and brought it to Christmas dinner with friends - it was very much enjoyed by everyone - adults and kids! It was suggested that we take this to every pot-luck we attend. AND, my husband asked for this for his birthday cake - and his birthday's not until July. The only challenge - the icing was somewhat runny and dripped off of the sides of the cake, but time in the refrigerator took care of the problem. The recipe's a definite keeper!"
"I asked my son what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday, he said coconut. Online we went, and this we found! AMAZING cake! My MIL that doesn't care for coconut even liked it."
"Easy to make and tastes great!"
"Excellant cake easy to make, very beautiful very delicious any time of the year!"
"One of the best cakes I have ever tasted. Reminds me of the Zingers I used to eat as a child."
"Truly a awsome cake, If you love coconut. yummy!"