This seemed like a festive dessert to fix for the holidays, so I decided to try it out on my co-workers. They loved it!—Joanie Ward, Brownsburg, Indiana
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in 2/3 cup coconut. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate and cream at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine jam and 1 cup coconut. Spread over one cake layer; top with second layer.
- In a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth. gradually beat in white chocolate mixture. Spread over top and sides of cake. Toast remaining coconut; press over top and sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Coconut Cake in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p51
Reviews for Raspberry Coconut Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review