Raspberry Cocoa Trifle Recipe
"This lovely layered dessert is my husband's favorite," relates Karen Bourne of Magrath, Alberta. "I always make it for our Christmas dinner, but it's excellent after any special meal."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1. In bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Drain raspberries, reserving juice; set berries aside.
- 2. Line the bottom of a 3-qt. glass bowl with a fourth of the cake slices. Drizzle with one tablespoon raspberry juice. Spread with a fourth of the cream cheese mixture. Sift a fourth of the cocoa over the top. Sprinkle with a third of the berries. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cake, cream cheese and cocoa. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC