- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- In bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Drain raspberries, reserving juice; set berries aside.
- Line the bottom of a 3-qt. glass bowl with a fourth of the cake slices. Drizzle with one tablespoon raspberry juice. Spread with a fourth of the cream cheese mixture. Sift a fourth of the cocoa over the top. Sprinkle with a third of the berries. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cake, cream cheese and cocoa. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Cocoa Trifle
"All year long I make treats and special sweets for others at their request. So when it comes to my birthday, this is my go-to treat to make for ME! It's fabulous! Ingredients are a little pricey, but since it's once a year, I swing for it."
"Took this to a company party and EVERYBODY loved it!"
"I made this for Christmas and it was a hit! The raspberries and mint made it perfect for the holiday."
"I make this for every party I have because it's fantastic. It's my husband's favorite dessert and is always gone quickly."
"I have made this for many years and it has ALWAYS turned out wonderfully. Rather than buying a frozen pound cake, I make my own. It turns out a bit larger (more servings). Also I have used frozen whipped topping in place of the cream to save a few calories and time. I often make it with strawberries because of the price of raspberries. You really can't go wrong with this wonderful treat!"
"This recipe is WONDERFUL!! It is pretty easy and it tastes amazing. I've made it many times during the past few years and everyone loves it!"
"Could you use Cool Whip instead of whipped cream?"
"I am a diabete and would like to know is you can use any other kind of sweetner"